Thursday, October 02, 2003

I'm In The Dark ... in the darkroom, I am ... In The Dark ...

I bought a new Canon i950 Photo Printer two days ago. I tried out the HP 130 PhotoSmart and it was great. I wanted one that would print borderless 8 x 10. That way I can proof the lay-out design of the ads I do. I can also print up the photos I took before in the manner that I want it, touched up or in most cases, turn bad photos into artwork. I intend to do a portfolio and eventually exhibit. I was even contemplating on visiting my Alma Mater and scrounge through their files for the works I did while I was in school. A few years back, I heard from Amay who went to the same school that my photos were exhibited in the university library. Apparently, the university professors have a high opinion of my works back then. I did a photo journal of black and white portraits from shoot to developing to enlargements. One of the probable reason why the portraits I took are still being exhibited is because some of them were taken at the Smokey Mountain which is now all but a memory. I would have to love a copies of them. Somehow, I don't know whatever happened to the negatives. With the technology today, I could of course scan the originals and produce copies. It would be great to exhibit them myself now.

In the missing box are photography books and manuals. It's still missing. There's a couple of books about setting up a dark room. Is it another sign?

I have to set my priorities. I have a To Do List which of course, I am trying very hard to do. I have a tendency to get sidetracked, totally immersed with whatever occupies me at the moment with such passion. I have a knack for details that I sometimes forget to look at the big picture. I get carried away until I get bored and move on. I like beginnings ... starting something but not really finishing it in a straight line. I have a tendency to beat around the bush, get confused even if Im the one who's making the point and get lost in my own ideas. I don't really much care about what people think about me, I just go about being me and as long as I feel good then everything is just fine. I try hard to please and be responsible for obligations bestowed upon me. I have always questioned the role I feel I have to play in this world. It's not at all pleasant. Teaching, training and sharing ... I majored in Communications Arts and I do have not just the talent, it's been a polished skill from experience. That is one of my greatest gift and the many blessings. Only thing is, I've burnt out and losing patience ... Please God, give me the strength and stay in me ...