Thursday, October 16, 2003

Decades

Ten years! A decade has passed.

I've been around for four and a half decades, 2 have been spent during the night time. Twenty two years, well twenty three almost. I'd say three years from now during the silver year, I should be fully retired from this kind of lifestyle. It's just but the right time to go on semi-retirement now. For the past two decades I have been awake at night till the sun rises. I dreaded the sun like a vampire. And like a vampire, I did not age so much except for the dark rings in my eyes. My complexion too ... I was spared from pollution and no traffic. I enjoyed the night life, partying while working and working while partying. I met people from different walks of life ... more or less where more is more and less is less, and nothing but average. Dreamers, losers, winners and achievers I brush elbows with and tossed glasses, brushed cheeks and indulged in chit-chat, shared visions and forever dreamt ...

Happy times. Fun times. The ups always were more than the downs. I felt with passion. I was alive and lived through the fullest. Thank you, Lord for making my life worth living.

Today is the official day that I am operating without a contract on my lease.