Wednesday, September 03, 2003

Repentance

Everything's kinda back to normal... Mom and I are in speaking terms and so the silence is... I am also officially back to smoking. I quit for a month and a half. I also stopped walking the dogs in the morning, also stopped biking for the simple reason that I am staying up late ... ergo, waking up late so half the day is gone and I don't have to deal with my mother repeating over and over again like a broken record ... stuff. Sometimes, it's even stuff I told her that she repeats back to me forgetting that it was me who told her in the first place. Bad, bad combination... one is menopausal and the other one is losing her memory ...

It's funny how fate sometimes plays tricks on you. I hugged her before I went off to go diving last Sunday. Well, I really didn't want to go without at least hugging her cause diving has risks ... it's like I don't want to end up dead and my mother cursing me still. But she on the other hand pushed me away as I was hugging her. So, fine! I immersed myself under 54 degrees fahrenheit of cold water to cool off. Of course, we were gone for like a whole day and so as we went home very, very tired... mind you, after carrying 30lbs of weights plus tank and the very uncomfortable hood, etc, etc, etc ... We came home to a house smelling like shit. Mom was grumbling as she was mopping the floor! The three dogs pooed. Now if that doesn't break the ice, I don't know what else will. So after that, everything was back to normal and Mom had a good chuckle. She's got a wicked sense of humour, I tell you.

Now for repentance, we were very tired. I showered and as I was crawling into bed, Mom comes knocking on the door asking me to wait up for a relative who was coming over ... At 10:30 close to midnight! Hello!!! And you think it ends there? NAH! We patiently waited for them to finish eating, packed them all the leftovers in the fridge and brought them to the train station. Of course, on our way back, I was falling asleep on the wheel. As I was going up the stairs towards my bedroom, Mom comes out ... "The train stopped and asked all the passengers to go down. Poor people in a strange land. Please ... " And so, Rem and I looked at each other ... Poor people? I sure hope she was referring to us. Tsk.

Repentance.

With all the sacrifices, I passed up on my Hail Mary's and Our Father's ... God has His ways and He's got some sense of humour. Yeah, right!