Thursday, September 11, 2003

Coming and Going

Recently, I was just talking about an aunt of mine who took care of me between the ages 8 onwards. Yesterday, she crossed my mind but I chose not to mention anything about her in the conversation I was having. Today, she again was in my thoughts.

I just found out that her time is almost up and just waiting. I would very much like to go visit for one last time.

It's sad how people come and go in one's life. At certain phases, you spend 24/7 with them to a point that they drive you crazy and as you move on, others come while the ones previously where always there fade away. And you kinda take for granted sometimes when they are far away and you go about doing your thing as you so please until it's too late to do anything about lost times ... could have's, should have's and what if's.

The pain never goes away, it remains just tucked somewhere in the inner recesses of one's soul.