Saturday, May 29, 2004

Deadline

A couple of months ago, I was bored waiting ... just waiting for things to happen. I was pacing in circles (with Tara behind me and we were just driving KQ to the walls) in our bedroom. A year ago, I was waiting too ... just patiently waiting for my Canadian citizenship papers to arrive, watching the grass grow. Just waiting ...

So this is how it feels like to be the opposite of the sedentary life I had. Things happening all at the same time. I start out my days as early as six in the morning and running around like crazy with my brain at full speed trying to keep everything organized. Do you know how hard that is ... to keep my scattered brain organized. It's easier to keep everybodyelse on track but my brain!!! When we come home at the end of the day, we go straight to the kicthen for dinner and then, it's downtime in front of the tv. Before I know it, I'm fast asleep snoring and farting away in dreamland. It's the exact opposite of the kind of life I have lived for the longest time. I feel like I'm back to school when I wake up early and doze off by 10 or 11 at night. I can't even stay up till 1 am nowadays.

Life coming in full circle ... signs of getting old or what! At this age, I don't even know why I'm doing all these things ... why I do what I'm doing ... I'm on a roll. It's like a second wind.

You know how ordinary people are when they go to work Mondays through Fridays and relax on week-ends and Sundays being family day or just quiet time at home. That's like exactly what I have become right now. Hey, I even go to church on Sundays now.

I have so many things to do. Ten or eleven days to go to meet my deadline. Menu, food tests, bar tests, flyers, ads, signages, logos, wall-painting, kitchen set-up, repairs, touch-ups, uniforms, tables & chairs, umbrellas, caps, hiring & selection process, systems & procedures, orientations & training, purchases, merchandise selection, design, business licenses & permits, genset, POS cash registers, contracts, trademarks & IPO rights, tacomio operation, Marilao construction ... AARRRGGGHHH ... Hmmm.

I was the one who set the deadline.

June 10.

No comments: