Saturday, February 01, 2003

Getting Old

Just got back from the south yesterday. I tell ya, the past month has really been hectic. It's either that or I am getting old. Not that old but getting there. We spent Tuesday through Friday with senior citizens. It is rather taxing. And I realize that as one gets older, patience do run out and irritability sets in. I remember about ten years ago and was in a similar situation. From Edmonton to Vancouver, I was driving and was pulled over speeding. Cop peeped inside the car and said... "You have a lot of seniors aboard. You shouldn't really be driving fast." And I answered, "Pardon me Mr. Officer, that's exactly why I was speeding. I am in a hurry to get home." The officer of course, laughed.

My GF and I wondered as we get older, if we'd ever turn out the way my Mom and Mommy Lets are. We took one good look at each other and said... "Nah!"