Saturday, August 16, 2003

A Year Ago ...

A year ago, around this time ... I was doing practically the same thing - watering the lawn 'cept I was obsessed in doing the edges. Everything is more of a routine now. I wake up - bring the dogs out - have my coffee - go to the can - go for my second mug of coffee - bring up Rem's coffee - take the dogs for a walk when it's cloudy and no sunshine or now that we've got bikes, go for a quick spin when it's sunny - go out in the garden and pick up the dogs' poops - empty the poo basket - take out the trash from the kitchen to the garage - sweep the floor - check the mailbox ...

A year ago, I was stuck in front of my Powerbook G4 in my room. Now, it's set up downstairs where I can glance on it, chat a bit with whoever's online while I keep an eye on the dogs in the patio or in the garden. Throughout the day with mom's errands every now and then and in between, I would either just sit out there and feel the cool breeze, brush the dogs' hairs or read a book. Crows, planes, helicopters passing by. The sky is different in this side of the world. Occassionally, I would be staring at the neighbor's tree upward. One of these days, I shall take a picture of it. I should also take a picture of the nursery in front of our house, it'll soon be gone. Most of the time, I'm dogwatching and doing basically nothing ... just enjoying the quiet ... enjoying the moment.

A year ago I was overly stressed, forced somehow ... to oblivion and have gone into hiding. Today I received what I have been waiting for ... I don't know exactly how I feel. The long wait is almost over. I can now go back to my previous life.

Do I really want to?

I suppose ...