Saturday, September 17, 2005

I'll See You In September, When The Summer Is Gone

It does not hold true at this side of the hemisphere. But summer's gone too considering we're in the heart of the wet season. We're lucky to wake up with the sun shining and not the gloomy, cloudy, drizzling all day showers that turn into thunder storms, phantom floods and strong winds. It's not anything like Vancouver weather or Sleepless In Seattle's bedweather. It's far from London's cold and wet ambience. It still is hot and humid. It gets coool only because of air-conditioners but to everybody's dismay, oil prices are going up and we are left to just deal with the heat the best way we can to bring down the electric bills.

Summer was fun. Busy but fun. Mom celebrated her 80th birthday so all our relatives flew back for the grandest occassion. Expenses were high, of course. Now that everything seems to have gone back to normal, summer is gone. It is September,
and it does not seem to be a month to look forward to. I checked my blogs and true enough, indeed, September has always been a bad month for me. If not September, it's like a week or so ... the last days of summer. It was around this time two years ago that the bad luck came and as we all know it comes in threes ...

For starters, I was confined last week and found out I have a clot in my brain-in the right side of the hypothalamus. For an overnighter at the hospital, it cost about a thousand Canadian. I'm under medication, changing my diet and successfully quitting smoking. I do have to change my life style as my condition was brought about by stress and hypertension. And exactly how do I do that considering that I am broke and in debt?

Secondly, Cymbals passed away from a heart attack last Thursday, the 15th of September. Everybody says she just gave up her life for mine. Just as when Flute died on the 21st of September in 1998. Maybe, I'll paint Cymbals picture and hang it up on the wall. Was that why I had this strong urge to buy a canvass, bought it the last time I was at the bookstore?

So what's the third?

September ain't over yet.

No comments: