Sunday, November 10, 2002

AAARRRRGGGGHHHH! One gruelling week-end or at least ... that's how I thought it would be! Haha! I actually enjoyed it, had fun and found more about myself eh. I just finished the check-out dive for the Rescue Course that I started taking last week. Yes, I was apprehensive and had mixed feelings about it. I didn't really know what made me enroll in just a sec without much thought. I just did one day and there I was catching up with the on-going class. I watched like 4 PADI videos in one night. My girlfirend wanted me to take the course for the longest time and I just like looked at her. She's been egging me to and couldn't place my psyche as to how I really feel about it nor what really was my stand. I was, I suppose undecided. The stories I heard from all the friends that took the course like how their bones ached for a week after their check-out and that kind of stuff made me freeze. And our dear instructor beforehand said that he was dropping us off 800 meters or more away from the resort in the middle of the ocean and we should swim back to shore just frightened me all the more as to what can happen. Hmmmm ...

It isn't that bad at all. My bones and muscles aren't even aching as I expected nor is it aching as bad the very first times I rode motorcycles. I also thought I was really out of shape from just staying in front of the computer and without a life. And geez, I made the 800 meter swim, floating and sightseeing all the way and I even enjoyed it. We did it like 6 am and the water was just fine. At least now, I know that in any event our boat sinks, I do have a great chance of surviving and making it back to shore. The course in itself is not hard. It's actually good as it prepares one for emergencies and stuff. I'm also taking Medic First Aid which is one course I should have taken a long time ago. It's good I am taking it now since mom is really getting old, I should be well-prepared.

And I suppose I made my girlfriend happy since now she's a little more confident and secured with the fact that in any event something happens, I at least know what to do. She does have a different way of pushing me into doing things but it does get me going. It works. I love her.

No comments: